Friday, September 08, 2006

Hypocrisy

1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
2. An act or instance of such falseness.


There is nothing more in this world that annoys me more than a hypocrite. Even racist bigots don't bother me as much. At least they are genuine about their beliefs (as twisted as they may be) and are consistent. Hypocrites though fucking make me want to puke.

A few weeks ago, Milwaukee Sister was blogging about the LOGO television series Noah's Arc.
Well, now that I have cable I figured it would be a good time to check this show out. LOGO tends to have mini marathons of this show late at night so I have caught several episodes, old and new. Anyhoo, one episode involves the promiscuous character, Ricky, who thinks he might be HIV+ so he starts dating another HIV+ guy.....but when he finds out he is actually HIV- he wants to call it off. Considering this character is the "slutty one" I thought he was quite the hypocrite.

I treat all of my sexual partners as if they are HIV+. I don't bareback just because someone says "Oh, it's ok I was just tested and I am fine". Fuck that shit. I don't trust people, but I still like to get my freak on, so I use condoms with everyone. Therefore I think it's quite hypocritcal for anyone who has multiple sexual partners to suddenly freak out if they meet someone who is positive. If a person is so concerned about contracting HIV perhaps they shouldn't be having sex at all! Duh!

And getting back to Noah's Arc, I love it! Noah, Wade and Ricky are all major beefaroni. Yum! I must say though that Darryl Stephens as Noah is a far cry from the hunky ghetto thug stripper he plays in "Another Gay Movie". I think one must see that movie to fully appreciate his beefaroniness. Oh, and why in the hell is this show constantly compared to "Queer As Folk"????? The two shows are completely DIFFERENT GENRES!!!! One's a drama, one's a comedy! There is no comparison! if anything "Noah's Arc" is an all gay version of MTV's "Undressed". Same cheap sets and same silly (yet entertaining) storylines.

3 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Cuz they're both GAY shows. It's like "The Jeffersons" and "Good Times" being compared back in the day. Just cuz both were black.

Noah's Arc is fierce. Its safe to say this is BETTER than QAF. This show's just a show and doesn't take itself seriously. Besides, the characters aren't merely caricatures of gay stereotypes who never change. They're just real, black and gay.

I think the character who always has me laughing is Alex (the chubby queen). He's so fierce. "Ooooh! I loves to cuss is different languages!"

2:36 AM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

But how can you say it's better than QAF when there is nothing by which to compare the two shows. QAF took itself seriously because that's what it was...a drama. Noah's Arc is a comedy. A comedy that takes itself seriously would be boring. While we're at it, let's compare both shows to "Will & Grace"...or the "L Word" or every other show that ever had a gay character.

And IMO both shows play on the gay stereotypes big time, but I don't consider that to be a bad thing.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it's about black people? Nevermind. LOL j/k I wish I had that channel.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home