Friday, August 03, 2007

Musical Apartments

Tomorrow I will looking at apartments. Believe it or not I am moving this fall for the 4th time in 5 years. I still have 2 more months in my current place but there is no harm in starting my apartment hunt early. I am not particularly excited about the actual process of moving, but the time has come to live elsewhere. I think when one lives in a large metropolis like Chicago, it is important to live somewhere that compliments and accomodates one's professional and social life. My life has been constantly changing since I came here from Milwaukee, thus I have needed to move several times. When I first moved to Chicago I wanted an apartment in Boystown. It was really the only area I was familiar with and I knew it was a nice and safe. When I decided I was going to go back to school I thought it would be a good idea to downsize by getting a studio. Well, I definitely saved money which helped me get ready for my return to school, but I also learned that living in a 2x4 box was not conducive to my lifestyle. So from there I moved into a nice, full amenity high rise building downtown. However, the conveniences for which I moved are no longer quite as relevant to my life as they were 2 years ago. I LOVE my apartmentm but life is telling me now that the best place to be is back on Chicago's northside (Lakeview or Lincoln Park to be exact).

I am not in a hurry so I shall be taking my time until I find the perfect place. Price isn't too much of an issue since practiaclly ANYTHING I look at will be cheaper than where I live now. What I am concerned about is finding a place that is fairly modern, clean, and that offers on site parking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home