Thursday, July 12, 2007

La Puerta

Many times in our lives a door closes behind us, leaving us to wonder "what if". I don't think there is anything wrong with looking back in the past and learning from prior mistakes and experiences. However, when we choose to live in the past we really aren't living at all. Everytime a door closes behind us there is a new one opening in front of us that is filled with so many new possibilities and opportunities that it would be a shame to miss out on all of that because we were too distracted by what could have been instead of what might still be coming.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living in the past is just as bad as people who only live for the future and not the present.

If you're always looking back, you can't see what's coming your way and if you're always looking forward you might miss out on moments that come only once in a lifetime.

:)

12:30 AM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

very true :)

12:40 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

Wise. Very wise.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

Both you, and the anonymous commenter!

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How Cryptic these messages! Hmmm . . . something tells us that our sexbox diva and the first anonymous poster-boy have something they are not sharing with the rest of the class?

I agree with both of you, but feel that there is also nothing wrong with taking a glance behind or a gander forward. Just as living only in the past or only for the future is bad, living only in the present is equally detrimental. Smelling the roses is wonderful, but they didn't get there by accident nor will they remain if you don't plan accordingly!

So, may I ask to whom the sexbox guru is directing this wisdom towards???

5:24 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

I am not directing this, nor any of my posts, to anyone in particular. This is just me making casual observations about my own life and the way I feel at a particular moment. I do enjoy reading that other others may feel the same way, have some advice or offer things from a different perspective.

Having said that my post isn't that cryptic. There was just something that happened this year that I simply couldn't let go but I realized the other night that if I don't let it go I might miss out on some other great things that are coming my way.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home