Friday, July 27, 2007

MegaHappyTron



Today is my first day at work since returning from New York. Even though I am at work I am VERY happy because I officially only have one job to worry about. No more will I have to endure double shifts every other weekend and working extra holidays as my time at "St. Scary's" hospital is over with!

The past few days have been busy. I didn't realize how much shit I had to unpack. All of my new clothing purchases also prompted me to clean out my closet. I didn't throw anything away though. I have learned too many times in the past that when I discard a shirt or pair of pants I end up wanting to wear them 2 years later. When I wasn't packing though I was enjoying my time back in Chicago! Oh how I missed the Windy City!

On Wednesday I had dinner with RC (I think that would be our 4th date?) at an Italian restaurant in Boystown called Adesso. The food was ok but I wouldn't recommend it. Afterwards we got a drink at the new Halsted Bar & Grill. The place is fairly average BUT they have a video jukebox!!!! I have never seen one of those. Needless to say I made sure I had some Dannii Minogue and Hilary Duff music videos to entertain me while I drank my martini. Afterwards RC invited me over to watch the Victoria Beckham special on NBC that he had recorded on his TiVo! OMIGOD!!!!! I never was a big fan of "Posh Spice" but who would have known she is so fucking hilarious! NBC needs to give this woman her own tv show.....pronto! The bitch is fierce! My favorite was the blow up doll segment.....



Last night I went with Private Dancer to go see "Transformers". To be quite honest this wouldn't be a movie I would normally go see but he called me up and insisted I had to see it........cuz it was just that good! He was right. The story may have been a bit generic but the special effects alone made this movie very enjoyable. And was it just me or did Tyrese get fat? Hmm...I guess that's what happens to flop has been RnB singers, lol. Before the movie we ate at this amazing mexican/cuban restaurant in Andersonville, Ole Ole. Wow, now THAT was good food! After the moviewe went to Roscoes. Private Dancer won first place in the wet boxer contest so he then treated us with his prize money to more drinks at Circuit. I was a little hesistant because I normally can't stand Circuit's "La Noche Loca" (or as my one friend so fondly refers to it, "Beanfest") however it was actually good!

See...this is why I missed Chicago so much. Too much time away from home isn't always a good thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

LOL @ "Beanfest!"

¡¡LOL!!

I went to Circuit once, long ago, before it was remodeled. I didn't like it. I haven't been to the remodeled one because they charge such a huge cover to get in! What is it, like $12? That's like two drinks!

Anyway, I loved Transformers, too! Totally agree about the special effects.

Tyrese was one of the Army guys, wasn't he? Imagine that... He looks so different that I didn't even notice. (As if I would have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. lol)

1:18 AM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

i haven't been to circuit on a thursday in years. shit i practically used to lived there every thursday! if memory serves me, that is where our milwaukee sisterness began!!! welcome back.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Writing a movie review on your blog...How Charliefied of you :)


*runs to write about how gr8 "The Simpsons Movie" was* lol.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home