Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tatuaje

I remember when I turned 18 I wanted to get a tatoo. My friend Reni had just gotten a fierce one on her leg and I wanted to be fierce like her too! I thought about several designs and possible body parts that they could adorn. I think I became more infatuated with the idea that I was old enough to legally modify my body than whether or not a tatoo was the right thing for me. Now keep in mind I turned 18 right around the time when the "Selena" movie was released in 1997. Can you believe I almost considered getting this put on my chest...



Um yeah. How unbelievably tacky. I thank my lucky stars Reni talked me out of that one! Since then a tatoo of something has always been on my mind but without any idea as to what sort of design I would like it hasn't been something I have bothered to pursue. Two things though recently changed this and now, 10 years after I almost got a Selena tatoo and joined the ranks of thousands of other greasy Tejano garbage collectors, I am toying with the idea once again.



When I was in New York I saw this hot Beefaroni guy with a nice little tatoo on the back of his neck. I loved it. Then, the other day when I was watching the Victoria Beckham special on TV I noticed that she too has a tatoo on the back of her neck. It suddenly occured to me that I want a tatoo in the same exact spot! Now I just need to decide on a design. Should I be super pretentious and get some sort of Chinese symbol that supposedly represents something "deep and profound" about the meaning of life? Or should I get something real cliche like a flower? Or perhaps something tacky like the name of my boyfriend who is currently serving time in a state correctional facility for first degree murder? Or maybe there is a new dead diva I could exploit since Selena is sooooo 1996? Is it too late to get an Aaliyah/Left Eye tatoo?

Hmmm....as I begin to ponder this I shall keep in mind there is no rush. Reni isn't here this time to stop me from making a horrible and permanent mistake!

7 Comments:

Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Not all Chinese symbols are deep and profound. I have the chinese symbol for loose on my arm. I'm just classy like that.

9:34 PM  
Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

omg! were on the same page. i so wanted to get a tat a couple of years ago, and now (newly single) the idea is floating in my head like whoa. its been there tot he extent that i almost went into a shop the other day.

my problem, is that i dont know if im ready to make a life long commitment, and if i am, where would i house this thing? i think the arms are a bit cliche, and there really isnt anywhere else i can wear the tat with pride thats visible yet discreate.

maybe ill start thinking about the back of the neck myself!

10:59 PM  
Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

oh, also... just go to simpsonizeme.com and keep refreshing into you get in. you can try "simpsonizing" a picture you already have there. only problem is that most of the time it wont work and you have to keep trying.


you can also go to http://www.simpsonsmovie.com/main.html and create one from scratch. its on the top under "create your won simspons avatar"

i did the latter. also, sorry i didnt give you the info on myspace.... but im staynig away from that site for at least the weekend, so im not responding to anything there. hope i helped!

11:03 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

Tatuajes son para la gente corriente :D Para la gente del sub-mundo de 0 categoria, o sea!


La semana pasada en Circuit estava un twinkito rubio con un tatuaje de Selena al lado de mi cuando estuve en ese antro para ver el show de Tiffany :D

11:19 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

a tat is too permanent for my tastes. i would get bored w/ whatever it is. but i guess if you're going to get one, might as well get it somewhere you actually don't have to look at it, like the back of your neck.

thank god you didn't get a selena tatoo. can you say tacky????

12:18 AM  
Blogger Richie said...

I think everyone should do what Posh does, including taking it up the ass from a hottie footballer.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny crudahy conversations-I am glad I talked you out of that one! So if you really are serious besides figuring out what and where or black or color make sure you find the WHO.Don't underestimate going just to anyone You don't want some trashy artist just out of his basement turning your killer sexy tattoo in junk.They are out there I have seen it! Check around see who does work you want on you. As for what I know you you will find something great and Where-ever you decide to stick your ink you know it's going to be hot! Love ya

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home