Saturday, August 25, 2007

Target Zombies



What is it about Target that turns ordinary people into catatonic, zombies that reckelessly wield shopping carts on a mission to purchase as much stuff as possible? It's scary. It even happens to me. I was in Target the other day after having an impromptu lunch date with Private Dancer because I needed drain cleaner and gum. Well, as I wandered through the aisles I was almost run over 10 times by the Target Zombies. They go up and down every aisle with their carts with a blank expression on their face and no regard for anything that might get in the way of their shopping......even other customers! Fortunately I had a basket instead of a cart so I was able to maneuver myself better but I did end up spending $200! I bought cleaning supplies for practically the entire house, protein shakes, and about 6 CD's. For some odd reason I suddenly had to buy all the current Top 40 releases from the past year: Prince, Timbaland, Fergie, Ciara, Justin Timberlake, and Calle 13. Oooh, I even made a "pity purchase" and got Kelly Rowland's cd (she was the one who always had the lesbian hair in Destiny's Child). Poor Kelly. She will never be able to step out from Beyonce's shadow (well, unless Beyonce falls down a flight of stairs again!)



As the days of summer are winding down I find myself partying as much as possible. Seriously, I only worked 2 days this week and my original plans were to relaz a little but the phone would not stop ringing. Monday night I was up until almost 3AM watching movies with a friend. Dinner on Tuesday turned into a non-stop drink fest until 2AM and then Thursday was another late night until 4AM. My classes will be resuming in 10 days so I guess I should enjoy all of this midweek fun while I can! Drinks on a Tuesday night will not be possible when I have to be up the next day at 6AM. I don't anticipate having to give up my socialite status completely though. It's all about having a healthy balance between leisure, work and school. For so long I was not balanced so I am actually looking forward to being a student AND maintaining a social life.

Yesterday I was anxious to see Hilary Duff but the concert was postponed due to the weather (ironicially it never rained, lol)



Well, I don't have to worry about interfering with the Jennifer Lopez/Marc Anthony concert in October. They are playing indoors. I am so excited, I have never gotten such great seats at the United Center before!

3 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

The same zombie phenomenon happens at Ikea... Oh, but I do love my new lampshade, and everything else I got!

4:28 AM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

I still don't know if i'll be seeing J.lo or not. I guess I'll have to wait and see once October comes around.



I di give kudos to Target for beign adequtely prepared for heavy customer volume. Fucking K-mart or any other stores you'll spend hours trying to checkout because the stupid cashiers are too slow. At Target it's always less than 5 minutes. And of all those CD's you bought the only one I enjoyed was Fergie. It's a really good CD and has a bit of everything.

1:39 AM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

the target by our house has the cds right when you walk in (at least the entrance we use)...so i always end up buying something no matter what.

i feel the same about ikea l'innommable. but at least there you don't feel guilty dropping $200, because you know you get a lot for your money.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home