Tuesday, July 03, 2007

2 Legit 2 Quit

Wow, June was such an intense month for me. I am sitting here right now in my underwear finally getting a chance to be lazy. No phone calls, no work, no dates, no running around half naked on Halsted. It feels great. I even had the chance to masturbate not once but TWICE today and it's only 1:30PM! Now that's what I call a relaxing day. I am taking it easy today because July promises to be just as intense as June, if not more since I will be spending a third of the month away from Chicago. Today is also giving me some time to reflect upon some nagging issues I need to address.

I think awhile back I was bitching about how I hated my job(s). Well, I have thought long and hard about this. You see, I am the type of person who simply cannot ignore a problem. When I see a change is necessary I always take the initiative to get the ball rolling. Sometimes the solution to my problem is very obvious and easily obtained. Other times I am forced to improvise and be creative. This is the case today. I realize quitting my jobs altogether would not be a wise or practical decision. However, I think the time has come to quit my casual/weekend job. By doing this I will no long have to work double shifts every other weekend thus eliminating a bulk of the bitterness I am carrying around with respect to my current employment blues. So come August 10th not only will I be preparing for Chicago's "Market Days" but I will be celebrating yet another chapter in my life........one that won't be burdened so much by a crappy job. I can't wait!

And to compliment my lovely and quiet Tuesday I have the perfect music.......



I swear, I think this proves that Deborah Cox could sing the telephone book and I would love it. I first loved her as a 90's RnB singer (that's when RnB was GOOD!) and later on discovered her fabulous and fierce dance remixes when I started going to clubs. I never would have thought her jazz tribute album to Dinah Wahsington would find a place in my cd player. It's simply lush!

1 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

I just heard this CD, she sounds so much like Whitney Houston!!


I liked it..but as a music snob and connosieur of oldie Jazz vocalists, I must say her style is too RnB for this kind of recording. Part of Jazz vocals is evoking an atmosphere of smoothness and darkness and you can't really do that by hollering and "rolling" like you would a Whitney ballad. Might as well do blues instead

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home