Monday, July 02, 2007

I Love Your Smile



I remember last year when I was taking pictures of myself for MySpace that I noticed how yellow my teeth looked. It disturbed me because I don't smoke or drink coffee which are two huge culprits of staining teeth. I knew I couldn't afford a professional whitening treatment at my dentist's office so I investigated my other options. I eventually tried the generic Target brand of these:



For less than $20 my teeth were several shades whiter within one week. I bought another box and acheived even better results. I then started chewing this gum after every meal.....



So for less than $50 dollars I eventually turned my yellow sad smile into a brighter, happier one. Granted, I don't have sparkling Hollywood smile but I definitely made progress.

So why am I praising the joy of home teeth whitening kits and chewing gum? Well, because it bugs the fuck out of me when I see people with teeth the color of butter knowing damn well they could fix that shit for such a small amount of money! I can understand if you have snaggle teeth like Jewel and can't afford a good cosmetic dentist, but jesus fucking christ, $20 won't kill you to whiten that grill!

5 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Bibi Gaytan!! AND she's famous!

Those teeth whitening things can damage your teeth too. And if you have sensitive gums it's not recommended as it will cause irritation and infection.


I drink coffee, I smoke yet people always compliment my pretty teeth :) I do brush 2-3 times a day and especially after drinking coffee and/or consuming high sugar things

6:23 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Where did you hear they can damage teeth? All it is is hydrogen peroxide. You are right though, they can temporarily irritate your gums BUT, these strips are only meant to be used for one week so there is still no excuse for people to walk around with yellow grills.

Good for you for brushing so often. Jesus and your dentist loves you!

7:06 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

i had to stop using my whitening toothpaste because my gums were/are sensitive. you know how hard it is to find a non-whitening toothpaste nowadays!

11:34 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

Brushing too often can be bad too...cuz just like the whitening, it takes away a natural protective front layer of your teeth and can lead to cavities.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't :)

1:36 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

I once went on a date with a guy with yellow teeth. Every time he smiled, I stared at them. Never saw him again. A few shades from white is fine, but yellow.... yeah, people should do something about that.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home