Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Blame Canada!

Blame Canada, blame Canada!
When Canada is gone, there'll be no Celine Dion!




This Friday I am leaving the United States for the very first time in my life. I am taking a road trip to visit a friend, Brandon, in Toronto. I am so excited because I have never been on such a long road trip before and I have never been to a foreign country! I know US citizens can still enter Canada without a passport but I am still very relieved that my passport FINALLY arrived in the mail last week after having waited over 3 months. It will make crossing the border so much easier. I am not sure what Brandon has planned for us but he lives in the center of the gay district so I suspect my time there will probably involve lots of alcohol and hot boys. Maybe I will meet the man of dreams and we can even get married!

I felt so naive thoguh when I was talking to Brandon about the trip. I asked him "What will I do about money? You guys don't use US currency". There was a moment of silence and then he said very matter-of-factly "You know, um, we have ATM's in Canada too."

DUH!

I felt so silly. Oh well. I will be sure to take lots of pictures....maybe even some naughty ones :)=

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - I thought the same thing when I first went to Mexico. Along the border when you drive into Canada, most places will take U.S. money and give you change in Canadian. That will make the trip a little easier. There are also banks that will exchange money for you. They generally charge a fee, so your best bet is either to use and ATM to get money out or use a debit/credit card to pay for things. They will use that day's exchange rate, so you generally get the best deal. I hope that your trip is a success!!! I can't wait to read the details!!!

11:05 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

Fun! have fun! Lol @ ur "not taking U.S. currency". lol. Cute.


Even then if you did have currency I am sure you can go to an exchange place. When I went to Mexico the last 2 times I never did that, I just took out money from any ATM. It's easy and hassle-free.

11:38 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

oooh i hope you find a trashy gay bar that plays old alanis videos!

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home